Donna Adams Mahaffey & Jean DiLuzio Scholarship Application
Donna Adams Mahaffey & Jean DiLuzio Scholarship Qualification Criteria for 2024
Thank you for your interest in applying for the Donna Adams Mahaffey & Jean DiLuzio Scholarship. The Scholarship Committee will award 6 (six) students with $3,500.00 scholarships (four students from either Riverwood International Charter School and/or North Springs High School) who meet the below requirements.
- Attend one of the two public high schools in Sandy Springs, GA (Riverwood International Charter School or North Springs High School)
- Be a senior, and have been enrolled and currently attending Riverwood or North Springs High School for at least 2 years (includes senior year)
- Have completed the FAFSA form.
- Be a US Citizen or have Permanent Resident Alien Status
- Provide a social security number, if requested
- Plan to enroll for the 2024 summer or fall semester at an accredited NON-PROFIT technical, 2 years or 4-year public college or public university in the state of Georgia. (Please refer to the following website for a list of the non-profit (i) public technical, associate degree, and (ii) public 4-year colleges and universities which are in the University System of Georgia: https://www.gafutures.org/college-planning/college-search/state-of-georgia-colleges/. To receive the scholarship, the applicant must attend one of the technical, associate degree, or 4-year colleges and universities listed on this website.)
- Register to take a minimum of 6 credit hours or more
- Have a current cumulative, High School numeric average of at least 79 out of 100 or better
- If the applicant is under 18 years of age, have parent/guardian sign a consent form
- If the applicant is 18 years of age or older, sign a consent form
- Have two (2) personalized letters of recommendation from non-relative individuals (employer, teacher, religious leader, etc.) Make sure to include your name and reference information at the top of your references.
- Write an essay of 500 words or less on (i) why you have a need for financial aid, and (ii) why you want to continue your education.
** Use the essay as your opportunity to reflect your financial need and drive. Make sure your name is included at the top of your essay.
- Complete the application and consent form - print, sign (guardian if under 18 years of age), scan, and forward to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be willing to participate in an interview, if required
- Be willing to attend a few Sandy Springs Perimeter Chamber Civic Fund events with the other awardees
Print, sign (guardian if the applicant is under 18 years of age), scan, and forward to email@example.com. The consent form must be submitted with your application to be considered.
For questions or inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Scholarship Committee may request additional information. Additional information can be sent via email or mailed to:
The Donna Adams Mahaffey & Jean DiLuzio Scholarship
c/o Sandy Springs Perimeter Civic Fund
Attention: Lena Liebrecht
1000 Abernathy Rd. Suite L-10
Sandy Springs, GA 30328