Thank you for your interest in applying for the Donna Adams Mahaffey Scholarship. The Scholarship Selection Committee will award four $2,500.00 scholarships to two female students at Riverwood International Charter School and North Springs Charter School who meet the following requirements.
The Applicant must:
1. Attend one of the two public high schools in Sandy Springs, GA (Riverwood International or North Springs Charter School)
2. Be a senior, and have been enrolled and currently attending Riverwood or North Springs High School for at least 2 years (includes senior year)
3. Have completed the FAFSA form to demonstrate financial need
4. Be a US Citizen or have Permanent Resident Alien Status
5. Provide a social security number, if requested
6. Plan to enroll for the 2020 summer or fall semester at an accredited NON-PROFIT technical, 2 year or 4 year public college or public university in the state of Georgia. (Please refer to the following web site for a list of the non-profit (i) public technical, associate degree, and (ii) public 4-year colleges and universities which are in the University System of Georgia: https://www.gafutures.org/college-planning/college-search/state-of-georgia-colleges/. To receive the Scholarship, the applicant must attend one of the technical, associate degree, or 4-year colleges and universities listed on this web site.)
7. Be currently taking a minimum of 6 credit hours
8. Have a current cumulative, High School numeric average of at least 79 out of 100 or better
9. If applicant is under 18 years of age, have parent/guardian sign consent form
10. If applicant is 18 years of age or older, sign consent form
11. Have two (2) personalized letters of recommendation from non-relative individuals (employer, teacher, religious leader, etc.)
12. Write an essay of 500 words or less on (i) why you have a need for financial aid, and (ii) why you want to continue your Education.
13. Complete and submit the application and consent form to the Scholarship Selection Committee
14. Be willing to participate in an interview, if required
15. Be willing to attend a few Civic Fund events with the other awardees
Please fill out the following required information and sign the form to submit it to the Sandy Springs Perimeter Chamber Civic Fund Scholarship Selection Committee by March 15, 2020.
NOTE: This application form must be completed in one session. Please have all materials ready to complete the application: your contact information, parent/guardian's contact information, school information including GPA, the school(s) you are interested in attending for college, the contact information for two (2) non-relative recommendation sources, and an essay of 500 words or less explaining why you have a need for this financial aid and why you want to continue your Education. * Required Fields