SSPC Requirements: (Ribbon Cutting fee of $125 will be charged for $375 level Membership; $500 level Membership and above the Ribbon Cutting is included in Membership)
- New businesses have 90 days after opening to request a Ribbon Cutting.
- Event request must be completed and faxed/emailed at least 30 days prior to the desired event date.
- Confirmation of event request must be approved by SSPC Staff.
- Once the date has been confirmed, any changes made will incur a $100.00 change fee.
- Fees/Arrangements for events may vary and are determined by the SSPC Staff.
- Ribbon Cuttings cannot conflict with other SSPC events previously scheduled (please confirm availabilty of date with SSPC Staff before submitting the request form.)
- Ribbon Cuttings are for new businesses.
- Ribbon Cuttings can only be held Mondays - Thursdays from 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM.
- SSPC will not be responsible for ribbon cuttings on Fridays, Saturdays, or Sundays.
What to Expect:
- The Chamber will provide specialty scissors, camera and ribbon for the ceremony for the photo op.
- The Chamber will post the event on the Chamber website.
- Your ribbon cutting photo will be featured on the Chamber’s website along with a picture in the Reporter Newspaper (Sandy Springs, Dunwoody, Brookhaven, and Atlanta In-Town).
- The Chamber will send an invitation out to business leaders and media, Sandy Springs Community, and to all Chamber members.
- The Chamber will also invite the Mayor and other city officials, but we cannot guarantee attendance.
Ideas/Considerations: (Member Responsibility)
- Provide entertainment, hors d'oeuvres, refreshments and door prizes. Make it a networking event!
- Have a drawing and collect business cards so you can follow-up with attendees!
- Advertise on Social Media sites!
- Be creative and have fun. This is an opportunity to let the community know all about your business.
- PLEASE NOTE: The member is responsible for inviting customers, family, friends, and colleagues.
How to Request:
- To provide the best marketing for your Ribbon Cutting, requests must be received 30 days prior to the proposed dates.