Chair: Heather Kaufman
Recognizing the importance of an adequately trained, skilled workforce to the long-term economic vitality and growth of the community, the Sandy Springs Perimeter Chamber convened the Workforce Development Council. Based on research and roundtable discussions, the Chamber has selected several initiatives that will have a direct positive impact on the preparedness of our students.
To facilitate the establishment of partnerships between businesses, community organizations, educators, and students to ensure a qualified workforce for the Sandy Springs Perimeter region.
Areas of Focus
- Internships / Mentorships
- Providing students with interactive opportunities with business role models through classroom speakers, job shadows, mini-case studies, paid and unpaid internships
- Working with the Workforce Development Council on programs such as Lunch with a Leader, Business Bridge, and Reading Buddies
- Partnerships with Schools
- Bringing business and schools together through programs such as Principal for a Day, participation on advisory committees and councils, providing in-kind donations
- - Career clusters preparing students for college and career readiness
- - Providing technical assistance in terms of talent and resources to enhance curriculum offerings and ensure that educators are aware of the most current practices in their fields
- - Post-Secondary collaboration and relationships with secondary schools
- - Providing expanded opportunities for supporting and promoting our post-secondary institutions located in our community, encouraging collaboration among those institutions and with our secondary schools.
- - The Council meets on an as-needed basis, with partnerships/programs in the schools going on daily.
For more information, visit the SSEF site here.